Vegetable Production Jobs: Pachamama Farm & Wellness is now accepting applications for 2 full time Farm Crew Members for 2016
Family-run farm in Boulder County, Colorado is looking for experienced farmers to join their tightly knit team in all areas of vegetable production.
While both positions will center on vegetable production, each position will have a specific area of emphasis supporting various aspects of the farm. One farm crew member will assist with medicinal and culinary herb cultivation, while the other will focus efforts on vegetable processing, distribution, preservation, and cooking.
Responsibilities for the vegetable production jobs will likely include:
- Greenhouse nursery work nurturing seedlings and transplants
- Field work including fertilizing, planting, weeding, harvesting, and watering
- Processing, washing, and packaging vegetables
- Marketing and vegetable distribution
- Harvesting, drying, and processing herbs
- Assisting in the development of the property by planting perennial shrubs & trees
- Working with volunteers
- Helping host farm events
- At least 1-year experience working professionally on a farm
- Physically fit, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, hard-working, and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction and ownership of delegated tasks
- Passionate about food, education, and healing
- Committed to living and working in community
Vegetable production jobs details:
- Set weekly schedule of 30-60 hours per week depending on the season. Days will be oriented around longer mid-day breaks during the hotter days of summer.
- Compensation depends on experience level (range: $10-$12/hour), and includes produce from the farm.
- Both positions require work-trade for onsite living in our 4 person 2200 sq. ft. crew house at a rate of $560/month (includes all utilities) deducted from pay. Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets (some exceptions may apply).
Looking to fill positions by March 1st 2016.
- Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Application deadline: February 1st 2016
- Qualified applicants will receive a reply email including an application for employment
About Pachamama Farm & Wellness:
- The almost 40 acre farm is nestled in the foothills of West Longmont just 14 miles north of downtown Boulder, CO and 6 miles south of Lyons, CO.
- Our mission is to enhance the well-being of our community by producing pure food, offering educational programs, and providing healing services in nature.
- The farm currently integrates organic and sustainable farming practices, medicinal herb cultivation, animal husbandry, health and wellness services, educational programs, and community events, and offers a range of programs and activities in these areas.
- Allie Dodge and Oliver Weber have co-owned the farm since 2012. The herb garden was established in 2013.
- For more information visit: www.pachamamafarm.com.
Pachamama Farm is an equal opportunity employer. Pachamama Farm affirms its commitment to diversity and to complying with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. Neither Pachamama Farm nor any of its employees shall discriminate against any person in recruiting, examining, appointing, hiring, training, promoting, compensating, retaining, disciplining, or in any other personnel action on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation (incl. transgender status), national origin, ancestry, veteran status, HIV status, poverty background, marital status (incl. marriage to a co-worker), or physical or mental disability, except when any of these categories constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification (i.e., an actual qualification for performing a job).