Walk-in Cooler Considerations and Construction presented by Tim Landgraf, Tony Thompson Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2016 – 7 p.m. CST
- Tim Landgraf and Jan Libbey have operated One Step at a Time Gardens near Kanawha, Iowa, since 1990, raising produce that they market through a CSA, as well as chickens. They offer a variety of CSA share options from mid-May through December, and direct market their chicken.
- Tony Thompson is a beginning farmer operating an expanding CSA on his family’s Century Farm near Elkhart, Iowa. Tony serves on the boards of the Iowa Farmers Union and Iowa Food Co-op.
- Visit practicalfarmers.org/farminars
- Click the “Join in” button
- Select “Enter as a Guest” and type your name in the blank, then click “Enter Room”
Jan. 26 – “Benefits of a Small Grain in Organic Rotations” Presented byGeorge Schaefer and Erin Silva. Now Archived!
Feb. 2 – “Moveable High Tunnels: Pros and Cons” Presented by Mike Bollinger. Now Archived!
Feb. 9 – “Herbicide Restriction Considerations for Using Cover Crops as Forage” Presented by Joe Sellers and Tim Palmer. Now Archived!
Feb. 16 – “Seed Starting 101: Two Examples” Presented by Susan Jutz and Glen Elsbernd. Now Archived!
Feb. 23 – “Walk-in Cooler Considerations and Construction” Presented by Tim Landgraf and Tony Thompson
March 1 – “Important Farm Financials” Presented by Paul Quam
March 8 – “Neonicotinoid Seed Treatments: Are They Necessary?” Presented by Dick Sloan and Matt O’Neal