Pachamama Farm & Wellness is accepting applications for full time Farm Crew Members for 2016
Family-run farm in Boulder County is looking for experienced farmers to join their tightly knit team in all areas of vegetable production, including vegetable processing, distribution, preservation, and cooking. Couples please apply!
Responsibilities for Farm Crew Members will likely include:
- Greenhouse nursery work nurturing seedlings and transplants
- Field work including fertilizing, planting, weeding, harvesting, and watering
- Processing, washing, and packaging vegetables
- Marketing and vegetable distribution
- Harvesting, drying, and processing culinary and medicinal herbs
- Assisting in the development of the property by planting perennial shrubs & trees
- Working with volunteers
- Helping host farm events
- At least 1-year experience working professionally on a farm
- Physically fit, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, hard-working, and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction and ownership of delegated tasks
- Passionate about food, education, and healing
- Committed to living and working in community
- Set weekly schedule of 30-60 hours per week depending on the season. Days will be oriented around longer mid-day breaks during the hotter days of summer.
- Compensation depends on experience level (range: $10-$12/hour), and includes produce from the farm.
- Positions require work-trade for onsite living in our 4 person 2200 sq. ft. crew house at a rate of $560/month (includes all utilities) deducted from pay. Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets (some exceptions may apply).
- Positions begin as early as March 1st
Farm Crew Members Applicants:
- Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: February 29th 2016
- Qualified applicants will receive a reply email including an application for employment
About Pachamama Farm & Wellness:
- The almost 40 acre farm is nestled in the foothills of West Longmont just 14 miles north of downtown Boulder, CO and 6 miles south of Lyons, CO.
- Our mission is to enhance the well-being of our community by producing pure food, offering educational programs, and providing healing services in nature.
- The farm currently integrates organic and sustainable farming practices, medicinal herb cultivation, animal husbandry, health and wellness services, educational programs, and community events, and offers a range of programs and activities in these areas.
- Allie Dodge and Oliver Weber have co-owned the farm since 2012. The herb garden was established in 2013.
- For more information visit: pachamamafarm.com.
Pachamama Farm is an equal opportunity employer. Pachamama Farm affirms its commitment to diversity and to complying with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. Neither Pachamama Farm nor any of its employees shall discriminate against any person in recruiting, examining, appointing, hiring, training, promoting, compensating, retaining, disciplining, or in any other personnel action on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation (incl. transgender status), national origin, ancestry, veteran status, HIV status, poverty background, marital status (incl. marriage to a co-worker), or physical or mental disability, except when any of these categories constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification (i.e., an actual qualification for performing a job).