Pachamama Farm & Wellness is accepting applications for 1 full time Farm Crew Member
Family-run farm in Boulder County is looking for 1 experienced farmer to join their tightly knit team in all areas of vegetable production for the remainder of the 2016 farm season with potential for long-term engagement on the farm.
Responsibilities will likely include:
- Greenhouse nursery work nurturing seedlings and transplants
- Field work including fertilizing, planting, weeding, harvesting, and watering
- Processing, washing, and packaging vegetables
- Produce preservation and cooking
- Marketing and vegetable distribution
- Harvesting, drying, and processing culinary and medicinal herbs
- Assisting in the development of the property by planting perennial shrubs & trees
- Working with volunteers
- Helping host farm events
- At least 1-year experience working or interning full-time on a farm
- Physically fit, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, hard-working, and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction and ownership of delegated tasks
- Passionate about food, education, and healing
- Committed to living and working in community
Full Time Farm Crew Position details:
- Position available from August 1 through mid-November 2016 with potential for long-term engagement on the farm.
- Set weekly schedule of 30-60 hours per week depending on the season.
- Compensation depends on experience level (range: $10-$12/hour), and includes produce from the farm.
- Position requires work-trade for onsite living in our 4 person 2200 sq. ft. crew house at a rate of $560/month (includes all utilities). Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets (some exceptions may apply).
Applicants for the Full Time Farm Crew Job:
- Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Qualified applicants will receive a reply email including an application for employment.
About Pachamama Farm & Wellness:
- The almost 40 acre farm is nestled in the foothills of West Longmont just 14 miles north of downtown Boulder, CO and 6 miles south of Lyons, CO.
- Our mission is to enhance the well-being of our community by producing pure food, offering educational programs, and providing healing services in nature.
- The farm currently integrates organic and sustainable farming practices, medicinal herb cultivation, animal husbandry, health and wellness services, educational programs, and community events, and offers a range of programs and activities in these areas.
- Allie Dodge and Oliver Weber have co-owned the farm since 2012. The herb garden was established in 2013.
- For more information about the farm visit: www.pachamamafarm.com.
Pachamama Farm is an equal opportunity employer. Pachamama Farm affirms its commitment to diversity and to complying with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. Neither Pachamama Farm nor any of its employees shall discriminate against any person in recruiting, examining, appointing, hiring, training, promoting, compensating, retaining, disciplining, or in any other personnel action on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation (incl. transgender status), national origin, ancestry, veteran status, HIV status, poverty background, marital status (incl. marriage to a co-worker), or physical or mental disability, except when any of these categories constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification (i.e., an actual qualification for performing a job).