Stateline Farm Beginnings Accepting Early Bird Applications until September 1st – Classes Begin October 8, 2016
Early-bird Special of 10% off ends September 1st, Don’t Miss Out!
Stateline Farm Beginnings® is a farmer-led training and support program serving the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin regions that includes: on-farm workshops, coursework, and one-on-one mentoring. Stateline Farm Beginnings is designed to help people plan and launch sustainable farm businesses. The program has graduated more than 250 sustainable farmers since 2005!
- Stateline Farm Beginnings welcomes you into a vibrant farmer alliance.
- Your tuition includes a yearlong membership to Upper Midwest C.R.A.F.T (Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training) – the most robust network of sustainable farms in the region.
- With Stateline Farm Beginnings you benefit from real farmers teaching farm business planning.
- Get real-world, practical, and specialized knowledge from the farmers leading the local food movement in the Upper Midwest.
- Stateline Farm Beginnings focuses exclusively on sustainable agriculture.
- Examples used in class are solely from Biodynamic, organic and sustainable farm operations.
- Stateline Farm Beginnings leverages knowledge from across the country.
- Our staff collaborate with ten other Farm Beginnings programs to augment local resources with expertise from across the country through the national Farm Beginnings Collaborative.
- Stateline Farm Beginnings gives you access to advanced farmer training programs.
- Graduates that start or continue farm businesses can qualify to apply for additional resources offered by Angelic Organics Learning Center.
Visit LearnGrowConnect.org/SFB to apply or learn more.
You can also email us them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stateline Farm Beginnings is a yearlong training course designed to help you launch or expand your farm business. Students learn sustainable farming practices used on real farms, develop a tailor-made farming/business plan, and begin to view the farm as an interconnected system. Students also gain knowledge from some of the most innovative farmers and experts in the Midwest, and create lifelong friendships within a new farming network. Stateline Farm Beginnings also offers opportunities to access land and equipment. The program attracts both rural and urban participants, with students from Chicago, Rockford, Milwaukee, Madison, and nearby communities. Read all about some of these now farmers and the program itself in this recent Chicago Farm Report article.