New on the National Farmers Union (NFU) Beginning Farmer Forum: Farm Service Agency Loans
By providing access to credit, Farm Service Agency Loans offer opportunities to family-sized farmers and ranchers to:
- Start, improve, expand, transition, market, and strengthen family farming and ranching operations
- Beginning farmers, racial and ethnic minority farmers and women producers
- Value-added, direct sale, organic, and specialty crop operations
- Young People actively involved in agricultural youth organizations needing financial assistance for income-producing, educational, agricultural projects
- Urban farmers and roof-top producers
- Operations using alternative farming methods such as hydroponics, aeroponics, vertical farming, and freight container farming
The Beginning Farmer Forum is presented by the National Farmers Union (NFU). NFU represents family farmers, fishers and ranchers across the country, with formally organized divisions in 33 states. The key to the success and credibility of the organization has been Farmers Union’s grassroots structure in which policy positions are initiated locally. The policy process includes the presentation of resolutions by individuals, followed by possible adoption of the resolutions at the local, state and national levels. Members and staff of the Farmers Union advocate these policy positions nationwide.
National Farmers Union believes that good opportunities in production agriculture are the foundation of strong farm and ranch families, and strong farm and ranch families are the basis for thriving rural communities. Vibrant rural communities, in turn, are vital to the health, security and economic well-being of our entire national economy.