****Early Registration Extended through March 8th!**** Hurry! This is a tremendous opportunity!
“What permaculturists are doing is the most important activity that any group is doing on the planet.
We don’t know what the details of a truly sustainable future are going to be like, but we need options.
We need people experimenting in all kinds of ways and permaculturists are one of the critical groups that are doing that.”
Dr. David Suzuki
4-Day Suburban-Urban Permaculture Training with Bill Wilson of Midwest Permaculture
Thursday through Sunday, April 8 - 11, 2010
9AM to 6PM
Gleaners Food Bank
Secure parking on the premises.
This new training is a foundational course in permaculture design with a practical bent.
It is for renters, apartment dwellers, home-owners and lot-owners alike.
It is for the suburban or city resident who wants to transform their immediate environment into something beautiful, productive, energy lean and functional.
– Foundations of permaculture design
– Harvesting the surrounding abundance
– Raising & preserving much of one’s food
– Gardening on concrete, on roofs & in apartments
– Techniques for dramatically reducing energy use
– Generating income from one’s home or lot
– Various & effective rainwater harvesting methods
– Beautiful, functional and edible landscape design
– Garden designs that increase production while reducing labor
– Simple neighborhood re-works that promote community
– What is at the heart of creating a ‘permanent-culture’
This training may be applied to the requirements for obtaining a certificate in Permaculture Design with continued coursework through Midwest Permaculture. Additional details will be available at the training.
Price & Registration:
By March 8th: $400
After March 8th: $450
Registration includes lunch for the 4 days and the course text: ‘Gaia’s Garden’.
A few partial scholarships may become available.
(The price of this training has been partially underwritten by The Greening of Detroit and the Southeastern Michigan Permaculture Guild.)
Please mail or drop off your registration form to Kido Pielack at the Greening of Detroit, 1418 Michigan Avenue, Detroit, MI 48216.
We expect this training to fill so register for the discount and to reserve a spot in the training.
Make Checks payable to: The Greening of Detroit.
To pay by Visa or Mastercard contact Kido Pielack at 313-285-1256.