Assistant Farm Manager Job at Small Ones Farm – Amherst, MA, 2012
Type: Seasonal, Full-time: April through November, 40-50 hrs/week.
Compensation: $1500/mo stipend, farm produce.
Application deadline: February 29, 2012.
Please see www.smallonesfarm.com. for further information.
Small Ones Farm is 63-acre family-owned farm in South Amherst, MA. We grow apples, peaches, pears, plums, berries, melons and garlic without the use of synthetic chemicals (certified through the Certified Naturally Grown program). We also sell our own apple cider, apple cider vinegar, eggs and pies made with our fruit. We have a fruit CSA, and farm stand. Education programs include summer farm camp for young children, school groups, community service projects for high school students, college-credit internships.
We seek an Assistant Farm Manager to help manage and operate all aspects of production, production control and distribution.
– assist with orchard and other fruit crop planting/maintenance/harvest/
– infrastructure repair/maintenance; tractor operation; CSA distributions; supervision of interns and volunteers;
– farm stand/shop operation; business planning. At least one (preferably 2-3) years of farming experience, preferably organic farming.
– Values consistent with organic, environmentally sustainable operation.
– Enthusiasm, initiative, solid interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and good humor are required.
– Also required is experience with tractor operation, ability to lift 50 lbs. and valid driver’s license.
We are a non-smoking farm.
Please send resume, letter of interest, names/contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact qualified applicants to schedule a farm visit and interview.
For additional details, see our website: www.smallonesfarm.com.