Topics will include:
- Buying/selecting/evaluating beef cattle
- Performance characteristics of different breeds
- Judging and body scoring
- Feeds and feeding, nutrition
- Breeding and crossbreeding
- AI vs. natural, buying and testing bulls
- Bull selection (AI) to improve your herd
- Reproduction: Calving seasons, synchronization, heat detection, etc.
- Health, using veterinary services
- Beef quality assurance
- Handling/moving/restraint; equipment you need/designing the catch
- Processing the herd (vaccinations, parasite control, fertility exams, etc.)
- Weighing and record keeping
- Culling, selecting replacement heifers
- Preparing for calving (evaluating cows, tools to keep on hand, first aid kit, animal ID)
- Housing and heat stress
- … and plenty of time for Q&A
Registration costs $40 ($25 for additional guests) until October 15, when it goes up to $50. Registration closes on October 19, so don’t let it slip your mind – register now by clicking here! You can also find more details at our website.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Sam Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 978-654-6745.