Full-time interns work 40 + hours each week for minimum of 12 weeks. Work hours include 10 hours in educational components including: reading, video viewing and off site farm tours.
They encourage students to apply for intern grants from their Universities and outside organizations. Some housing opportunities are available. They offer a small stipend for full-time interns and lots of fresh produce. School credit should be pursued by the intern through their college or university. We make every effort to be helpful in the process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Of INTERNS:
- Daily fieldwork will include animal maintenance chores and farming practices
- Using farm equipment including hand tools, sprayers, tillers and driving farm tractor
- Keeping detailed records on all farm activities
- Participation in weekly educational components including: presentations, workshops, farm tours, and movies
- To read You Can Farm, by Joel Salatin, selected articles and suggested web pages on sustainable agriculture topics; view you-tube videos on organic farming, as assigned
- Interns seeking university credit will be required to complete a farm project.
REPORTS TO: Therese Zimmerman-Niemier Bertrand Farm Inc, Director
Please download and complete THIS APPLICATION and email to Bertrand Farm. They will be in touch with you regarding a telephone interview, but please feel free to follow up with an email or phone call (269-695-3306).