Conservation Program Funding Targets Beginning Farmers

CRP Signup and Beginning Farmer Transition Incentive Announced by USDA

USDA began continuous Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) signup on June 9 and also announced that retiring farmers enrolled in CRP could receive incentives to transfer a portion of their land through the Transition Incentives Program (TIP). TIP provides two additional years of payments for retired farmers and ranchers who transition expiring CRP acres to socially disadvantaged, military veteran, or beginning producers who return the land to sustainable grazing or crop production.

The USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA), which administers CRP, will coordinate the various CRP program opportunities. For more information on CRP and other FSA programs, visit a local FSA county office or go online to

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.