WHAT: UVM Extension Northwest Annual Crops & Soils Field Day (click link to view detailed flyer)
WHEN: Thursday, July 23, 2015, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Borderview Research Farm, 146 Line Road, Alburgh, Vermont
COST: $10 for farmers; $25 for others
The them of this year’s field day is “Innovation and Diversification.” Highlights will include:
– Innovative ways to seed cover crops and equipment
– Drone technology to monitor crops
– Heirloom dry beans and grains trials
– Hop fertility and downy mildew management
– Milkweed as a crop
– No-till and manure management
– and more!
On-site registration starts at 9:15 a.m., with the tour of the research trials starting promptly at 10 a.m. The day includes lunch and afternoon equipment demonstrations and info sessions.