- Pasture-raised heritage breed pigs– Berkshire, Tamworth & Large Black pigs
- Broilers raised on pasture and processed on-farm in a RI Health Department processing unit
- Pasture-raised turkeys
- Grass-fed beef steers
- Grass-fed Jersey dairy cows
- Grass-fed Katahdin hair sheep
- Free-range laying hens
- Free-foraging rabbits
- Free-Range ducks
- Daily watering, feeding and pasture rotation of broiler chickens, laying hens, ducks, turkeys, pigs, cattle and sheep
- Management of chick brooder
- Equipment maintenance
- Product delivery
- Poultry processing
- Assist with sales of products
- Assisting with products processing & packaging
- Assist with maintenance of on farm vegetable garden
- Enjoys working with animals
- Willingness to work long hours in all weather conditions
- Willingness to learn
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to lift 50lbs on regular basis required
There are 3 apprenticeship positions available for the 2012 season. 2 positions are 9 months long running from March through November and 1 position is 6 months running May through October. Apprentices receive housing on-farm, $150 a week living stipend and monthly educational opportunities at local farms, restaurant and with various food producers. Anyone interested must come to the farm for a one day checkout. Attitude is everything. No previous experience required
Please send a letter answering the questions below by mail to Pat’s Pastured – PO Box 807 Saunderstown, RI 02874 or email at email@example.com. Any questions please contact Them by email. To learn more about Pat’s Pastured visit Their website www.patspastured.com
Why are you interested in working at Pat’s Pastured this season?
How does this apprenticeship fit into your personal & professional goals now and in the future?
What skills would you like to learn from this experience?
How would a past employer describe you? How would a co-worker describe you?
What skills/experience do you bring to this position that you think would be beneficial?
Anything else you want to tell us?