Field Crew Member Jobs at Robinette Farms in Martell, Nebraska – 2018
Two (2) full-time, seasonal Field Crew Members, April through November
As a member of our Field Crew, you will be a part of a team of co-workers, aiding and assisting in a wide variety of different tasks and responsibilities.
The Field Crew most commonly work altogether or in smaller groups, and as such all candidates should generally be positive, easy to get along with, energetic, adaptable, and capable of clear and consistent communication.
Responsibilities can at times be physically demanding, so all candidates must be capable of lifting heavy and awkward items up to 50 lbs., capable of performing repetitive tasks with endurance, and able to work for long durations even in inclement weather.
Please note: Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds and move heavy items. If you have a history of chronic back pain, hand or wrist pain or other serious physical ailments or limitations, this position would not be a good fit for you.
Field Crew Member Responsibilities:
- Irrigation set up and maintenance
- Produce washing and processing
- Packing for CSA, wholesale and Farmers’ Market
- General farm labor as needed
- Prior experience that is applicable to this position (farming/produce) is desired but not a must
- Attention to detail
- Punctuality and strong time management skills
- Positive and energetic disposition with strong interpersonal skills
- Maintain a clean and sanitary working environment
- Strong back with the ability to lift heavy and awkward objects
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
- Fast learner and ability to adapt to new positions and working with new people
- Ability to take direction, accept constructive feedback and to ask for help when needed
- Ability to work for long durations in inclement weather
- Ability to perform and endure repetitive physical work
- A desire to learn farm work
- A valid driver’s license and a clear background check
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50lbs
- Ability to repeatedly kneel, bend, and squat
- Ability to withstand exposure to varying weather conditions
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing or walking
Field Crew Member Schedule:
40-45 hours per week, with no more than 80 hours worked in a 2-week period (hours can change with the seasons). We work Monday through Friday with the work day starting at 7:00 am and ending at 4:00 pm, though some days might be different due to weather conditions. We have a 1 hour non-paid lunch each day. (For example, we might start earlier on days of extreme heat or work a little later if the next few days will be rainy).
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is dependent on experience. Expected salary range is $9-11/hr. Paid bi-weekly. Full time employees also receive a weekly share of vegetables, and eggs on a bi-weekly basis. Housing is not available for this position. All workers are covered by worker’s compensation.
Reports to: Farm Managers
To Apply for a Field Crew Member Job:
Please complete an application, resume upload, and 3 references using the forms on our website at www.robinettefarms.com/job-descriptions. Please email a letter of interest to:
Chloe Diegel and Alex McKiernan
The responsibilities & duties listed above are intended to communicate general priorities of this position, but should not be understood as an exhaustive list of all work requirements to be completed at Robinette Farms. Farms require flexibility! We are committed to training, developing, and promoting from within the company based on performance. Robinette Farms provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To learn more about farming jobs and internships or to post an opportunity on beginningfarmers.org, go to: http://www.beginningfarmers.org/internship-and-employment-opportunities/