Duties of the Market Manager and Outreach Coordinator include:
Managing the Lents International Farmers Market (40% of time)
- Manage vendors, volunteers, customers and staff at weekly Friday market.
- Chair monthly Steering Committee meetings and provide market progress reports.
- Manage market budget and record keeping.
- Implement sponsorship and other fundraising efforts.
- Develop, lead and manage promotional efforts for the market.
- Assist in development of cultural accessibility to the market by multiple language groups.
- Recruit farmers and vendors, specifically emerging and immigrant vendors.
- Recruit, train and manage market volunteers.
Adult Workshops (20% of time)
· Coordinate with educators to plan workshops.
· Manage workshop registration.
· Conduct outreach for classes.
· Create and manage a budget for adult workshops.
Marketing (30% of time)
· Develop marketing and outreach plans that incorporate all of Zenger Farm program areas.
· Conduct marketing and outreach based on developed marketing plans.
· Support staff to promote each program area.
· Collaborate with Executive Director to develop business plans for each program area.
Fundraising (10% of time)
- Research grant opportunities, prepare proposals and meet grant-reporting requirements in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Assist Development Director with fundraising events.
- Seeking candidates with at least three years experience in marketing, business management, nonprofit management or farmers’ market management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in marketing, communications or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated marketing experience with diverse audiences.
- Must be self-directed and proficient at creative problem solving and organizational development; enjoy working with people from different backgrounds; and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least two years grant writing experience.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strongly prefer bilingual candidate (Spanish, Russian, or Vietnamese).
Compensation: This is a full-time position with a salary range of $32,000 to $40,000 depending on experience, with excellent health, dental, life and vacation benefits. This position will include evening and weekend work.
Please send resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to Jill Kuehler at email@example.com by November 18th,2011 at 5:00 pm. Please place “Market Manager and Outreach Coordinator” in subject line of the e-mail. For more information visit www.zengerfarm.org