- Safely operate and provide basic maintenance of a variety of tractors, implements and farm vehicles
- Set up and operate irrigation systems
- Determine seeding and transplant needs based on desired yield
- Estimate yield of crops ready for harvest
- Communicate yield and harvest date estimates to Administrators and Owners
- Manage weeds mechanically and by hand
- Manage 4-15 production crew members, interns and volunteers
- Maintain planting, production and harvest records in MS Word, Excel or Google
- Communicate throughout the work day with team via cell phone and text message
- Understand and follow certified organic production guidelines
- Experience working on a diversified CSA farm highly desired
- Must be physically capable of working long days, lifting 40+ lbs, and doing both often
- Must be a proven and confident leader with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
This is a full time permanent position with expectations of 50+ hrs/week, with some weekend work during the planting and growing season. Winter months are less intensive.
Salary is competitives and commensurate with experience. Basic on-site housing included. Profit-sharing for the season with be based on mutually agreed upon production and sales goals and maintaining expense budget goals.
Email and resume and cover letter to Laura at email@example.com