Summary of Position:Farming - growing quality produce for our CSA, farm stand, and wholesale. The Field Assistant is a full-time (40hrs) seasonal job from March until November
Essential Job Functions:
Weed Control: Main responsibility of this position is to use available work crews to stay on top of weed growth in the various fields. The Assistant will be responsible for maintaining a cultivation schedule.
Production: Field production tasks may include transplanting, and thinning of crops.
Harvest: Daily harvest of crops, with assistance from the work crews, to meet CSA, and farm stand needs. Harvest also includes post-harvest washing, packing, and storage of crops.
Marketing: Help be the face of the farm while members pick up shares and customers browse the shelves at our farm stand. Marketing tasks also include packing CSA shares and preparing for markets.
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work outdoors an average of 40hrs hours per week in ALL weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Track daily tasks/time
- Help track daily and weekly farm stand and pick-your-own sales
- Help prepare records
- Willingness and eagerness to learn on a working farm
- Background in sustainable agriculture or other outdoor centric jobs
- Ability to supervise volunteers
- Tractor experience a plus
Perform other similar duties as responsibilities necessitate or as directed by farm manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
A year or several seasons (even better) experience volunteering or apprenticing on an organic or local sustainable mixed vegetable production farm.
A degree in agriculture, or a current agriculture student would be excellent
This is a paid position $10-$12hr depending on experience
Housing is available (housing is 7 miles from farm so you must have transportation)
As many vegetables as you can eat.
For more info check out our FB page and Website –
If interested in applying for this position please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com