Gardening Education Intern should:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program studying Environmental Studies, Education, Sustainable Development, or related fields.
- Pursue course credit for their participation.
- Have experience and a passion for gardening, the natural environment, sustainability, and education.
- Have an interest in working with children and community members to build a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Have a passion for innovative approaches to connecting students with their food, including using gardening as an education tool.
- Have availability 8-20 hours Monday- Friday.
Gardening Intern will:
- Collaborate with other Interns and Red Rabbit Educators to assist and lead Gardening labs that cover science, health and sustainability topics for PreK-12th grade students.
- Guide students through all aspects of planting, cultivation, and maintenance of the garden.
- Instill a sense of environmental stewardship in students.
- Provide consistent leadership and act as role models and mentors to younger students.
- Help link Red Rabbit Garden Labs with New York State Core learning standards.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. In the cover letters please include a description of your academic and professional interests, hobbies, teaching experience, and gardening experience. Also, please include a short description of what you think defines a sustainable and healthy community.
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.