Major Duties & Responsibilities
Grant & Contract Management
• Ensure compliance with contract and grant requirements for spending, reporting, et al
• Prepare and submit invoices, deliverables, and other paperwork to contract or grant provider; be primary contact on administrative and billing issues
• Provide oversight to and manage budgeting for contracts & grants (federal, state, foundation, et al)
• Keep current report of active, pending, completed grant & contract obligations
• Assist in preparing budget and administrative portions of grant and contract applications
• Do all bookkeeping data entry using Quickbooks
• Manage Accounts Payable/Receivable, routine financial handling including handling of money; invoicing
• Initiate and create reimbursement requests and reports; process weekly employee expense reports
• Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
• Assist in budget creation, particularly in creating and helping other staff oversee and track program budgets
• Track and file receipts, manage petty cash and cash box
• Coordinate organization of materials for and be lead staff during annual audit and tax preparation
• Prepare information needed for finance committee and serve on committee
• Invoice and correspond with sponsors, invoice and send reminders for pledges
• Working with other staff, ensure donor financial data in Quickbooks is inline with Giftworks donor database
• Assist in processing of online donations
• Manage auto-pay bills
• Stay up-to-date on financial and regulatory changes, best practices in nonprofit accounting
• Assist in general budget management
• Track and log in-kind donations, ensure in-kind goods and services are accounted for in Quickbooks and Giftworks
• Complete 1099’s, sales tax and use filings, charitable license renewals etc.
• Assist in financial portions of applications to and reporting for liquor, gaming, and other special event regulations
• Assist in preparing financial materials needed for board meeting
• Work closely with Executive Director to assist in other functions as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This person is the primary financial staff person in the Growing Hope office, so we are seeking a proactive individual who is highly organized, very efficient, has a strong ability to self manage and juggle competing priorities, and is excellent with numbers and details. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the financial operation of a non-profit organization, experience with QuickBooks software, strong Mac and PC skills, is self-motivated and has excellent time management. Experience managing nonprofit program budgets, experience preparing for an audit, and experience managing federal grants & contracts are all important. This person must be self-motivated, detail oriented, comfortable with numbers, able to adhere to deadlines, and able to respond to changing priorities and deadlines. As with all our staff positions, we are seeking someone with a warm & supportive personality who is excited to work within the Growing Hope community to support and further our organizational values and goals.
Hours & Compensation: 16-22 hours per week. $12-$14/hr.
Priority Deadline for applications: Open until filled; looking to fill this position during February 2012 with an
early March start date, so applications that come in right away are preferred.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Amanda Edmonds, Executive Director. Submit application to email@example.com.