Interns will work closely with the ISLAND directors and staff, and will assist with all aspects of organizing and operating ISLAND’s programs. This may include, but is not limited to:
• Assisting with ISLAND’s four major projects for 2011: the Rapid City Community Garden, The Central Lake School Garden, the Hill House Artist Residency Program and the CRAFT Program. Interns will be expected to take on just about any task associated with these projects, which could include vacuuming, baking cookies, hauling manure, picking up artists or workshop presenters from the airport, data entry, art projects, cordwood building and lots more.
• Assisting our events coordinator Yvonne, with promotion, fundraising, volunteer coordination and the many logistical details related to ISLAND workshops and events.
• Managing ISLAND’s outreach projects. Affiliated work includes database management, media relations, producing web content, updating social media sites and writing.
• Assisting with the ISLAND library.
• Presenting or teaching at workshops.
• Attending any workshops or events, including CRAFT events, held during the internship.
In addition, interns are expected to gain literacy in the related literature, art and philosophy that supports ISLAND’s mission. The ISLAND internship will include unpaid reading, viewing and other study assignments.
Interns are paid $8.50 an hour, and work between 14 and 21 hours/week for 8 to 16 weeks between June and October.
Application deadline is April 11th. Applications are available at http://www.artmeetsearth.org/internship2011.pdf