Responsibilities: To assist in everyday farm needs including planting, harvesting, composting, weeding, pest management, tending to chickens, CSA and Farmer’s Market staffing, while keeping a positive attitude and maintaining an inclusive environment. This is an unpaid internship.
Time Frame: Ideally June to October, 5 days a week, 20 hours per week (We are willing to work with your schedule and timing needs, please contact us to discuss.)
– Interested in working with adults with developmental disabilities
– Able to keep a positive attitude
– Able to work in a team as well as independently
– Comfortable working with volunteer groups, including youth
– Ability to perform demanding physical labor
– Ready to work outdoors in all weather
Red Wiggler Staff and Growers will provide training through hands on participation, readings and partaking in Chesapeake Regional Association for Farmer Training (CRAFT) programs. No prior farm experience or knowledge is necessary, only a desire to learn.
Please submit a letter of interest and your resume to Kara at email@example.com. Please include examples of experiences that demonstrate your ability to work with diverse populations and why you believe Red Wiggler is a community you would like to become a part of. Applications will be considered and offers will be made on a rolling basis. The last day to apply is May 16th.