- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work doing manual labor with hands, wrists and while kneeling, standing or sitting.
- Ability to lift 50lbs frequently on a daily basis.
- Actively participates in the CSA programs and projects.
- Follows the code of conduct and spirit of the community and FAI.
- Shows a willingness to learn, grow and help others to do the same.
- Respond to and execute tasks as required by the manager of the volunteers and other workers involved in the CSA projects.
- Works with the Program Manager and project to define resources and schedule(s) for the project(s) and program implementation(s).
- Help to build and maintain project documentation.
- Pursues new opportunities and ideas for programs and projects that fall within the philosophy, vision and mission of FAI.
- Pursues an active educational path in the field(s) of organic farming, perma-culture, appropriate technologies, land conservation and other field(s).
- Field work: seeding, transplantation, weeding, harvesting, irrigation, some tractor work, etc.
- Assisting in the operation of FAI’s Community Supported Agriculture Program (aka Rountree Farm)
- May be asked to assist in training and overseeing volunteer activities
- Perform basic farm maintenance tasks and simple repairs
- Engage in meetings and activities of the FAI staff and community.
Rountree Farm is an organization which oftentimes must change priorities. It is therefore a condition of employment that employees of Rountree Farm must be flexible and willing to take on other responsibilities for the good of the Farm.