- Design and conduct culturally-appropriate outreach to refugees and new immigrants that promote opportunities in the food and agriculture sectors and recruit food and farming entrepreneurs.
- Create action plans and support food and farming entrepreneurs in achieving their individual and collective goals.
- Work with partner organizations to maximize direct marketing opportunities for food and farming entrepreneurs (such as , CSAs, farm to institution, etc.).
- Design and implement a refugee/new immigrant-grown brand and to support IRC clients.
- Facilitate communication between IRC programs and departments to best serve refugee and new immigrant clients.
- Highlight the role of refugee and new immigrant food and farming entrepreneurs in improving food security in San Diego.
- At least 2 years working in local, sustainable food and/or agriculture industry.
- Experience working with a pre-literate audience in a non-traditional setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Masters or bachelors degree in related field, a plus.
- Second language (Swahili/Kizigua/MaiMai, Khmer, Spanish, or Karen) and interpretation skills, a plus.
- Graphic or web design skills, a plus.
For more information on our Food Security and Community Health Program please click HERE
Please apply at www.ircjobs.org You can find a list of many other jobs, fellowships, and internships on this page as well.