- Assist with the Executive Director in developing fundraising and outreach materials for the organization, including grants, appeals and newsletter copy.
- Assist with soliciting corporate sponsorships
- Manage the donor and partner database (etapestry)
- Provide support to the Development Committee, a group of 5-8 board members and volunteers
– Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, excellent attention to detail and follow through
– Proven ability to write persuasively and effectively
– Strong interpersonal communication skills and a flexible, adaptable work style
– Strong belief in the mission, vision, and values of CitySprouts
– Understanding of the local philanthropic community desirable
– Proficiency in Excel and database software
CitySprouts is a school and community program that integrates academic, health and environmental education in public schools. Working closely with school administrators, teachers and families, CitySprouts builds schools’ capacity to integrate school gardens as an instructional resource for teachers, an effective and engaging means for food and health education for students, and as a unifying center to strengthen school communities and family involvement.
Partnering with 16 public schools in the Greater Boston area, CitySprouts school gardens ensure that hands-on learning, environmental stewardship, and the experience of growing and eating food becomes part of the public education all children receive. CitySprouts summer internship (in Cambridge only) gives youth hands-on experiences in healthy eating and environmental education.