Title: CSA Produce Grower
Location: Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield (8500 Deer Creek Canyon Rd., Littleton, CO, 80128)
Compensation: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Under direct supervision of the Chatfield Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Manager, this individual is responsible for the proper care and development of all Community Supported Agriculture crops. Position requires working knowledge of cultivation, irrigation, organic soil fertility management, crop planning and rotation, IPM practices, and other aspects of sustainable crop production. Position also includes assistance with general operational tasks for Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in agriculture, agronomy, horticulture, botany, or related field from four-year college or university; or minimum four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable production of fruit and vegetable crops.
- Familiar with IBM compatible equipment, Microsoft Word and Excel, e-mail, and standard office equipment.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills required.
- Must have valid Colorado driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Minimum two years of organic/sustainable farming experience with working knowledge in all aspects of crop care and maintenance.
- Experience in the care and cultivation of a wide variety of specialty crops and vegetables, with demonstrated knowledge and hands-on skills in the same.
- Including but not limited to Integrated Pest Management (IPM), weed, disease, and insect recognition, drip irrigation, tillage and soil fertility management.
- Two years experience with the safe operation and repair of facilities/maintenance and variety of farm equipment is highly desirable.
- Must be able and willing to work weekends, early morning or nighttime periodically.
- Experience growing for a Community Supported Agriculture program and experience interacting with subscribers is preferred.