- Direct existing CAFF Farm to School program work in several regions of California—Central Coast, South Bay, Oakland, Sacramento Valley and Humboldt;
- Develop new program opportunities as appropriate within these regions;
- Represent CAFF at relevant community events and meetings;
- Develop and maintain program and farm partnerships;
- Participate in state and federal policy work related to Farm to School;
- Meet as needed with educational program staff around state to provide guidance on program development and ensure that staff across regions are communicating to share models, ideas and work;
- Identify and develop new funding opportunities for Farm to School;
- Lead grant-writing efforts to support Farm to School
- Collaborate closely with CAFF Program Directors on grant writing and cross-program development;
- With assistance of CAFF’s Executive Director and Controller, review and approve all budgets for Farm-to-School work statewide.
- At least five years of program management and staff supervision experience;
- Thorough understanding of school food programs and institutional procurement practices;
- Experience teaching or coordinating educational programs;
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture practices and farming;
- Proven track-record of successful fundraising experience including grant writing and reporting;
- Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking and collaborating with partners to complete projects;
- Knowledge of current national and state level Farm to School work is highly preferred;
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout California periodically.
Benefits: CAFF has a benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, and health insurance.
CAFF is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Please send a resume, cover letter and references to: Ildi Carlisle-Cummins: firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-454-6868.