The position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
– All aspects of a diversified vegetable production: weeding, planting, cultivating, propagating, tilling, irrigating (overhead and drip line), harvesting, etc.
– Routine maintenance of all farm equipment
– CSA packing, loading, and delivery to drop-off sites
– Packing, loading and selling goods at Farmer’s Markets
– Fence, hoop house, chicken structures, other small construction installation projects
– Livestock care (goat and chicken)
– General Farm maintenance (upkeep of barn and greenhouse, mowing, organizing, etc)
– Record keeping of farm production and communication daily to farm owner
– Weekly planner sessions with farm owner
Other duties could include, depending on experience:
– Web and Blog maintenance and upkeep
– Processing assistance (pickling, preserving, labeling, etc) for CSA and Farmer’s Markets
– Experience in all of the above preferred, but not required
– Positive attitude and good work ethic
– Experience working, volunteering, or interning on a farm previously
– Passion for sustainable agriculture a must, preference for those who have a desire to start, create, or partner with a small, diversified farm
– Local and community-oriented, with excellent communication skills
– Adaptable and flexible to dynamic and sometimes stressful conditions
– Ability to work independently and as a team
– Ability to lift ~50lbs and work in inclement weather conditions
This position is currently seasonal May through November, but could be extended. Position includes on-site living quarters, a full share plus any of the farm’s production available, and a monthly stipend. Hours can vary 32-40/wk, including at least one weekend day and some evenings. Please send cover letter expressing your interest, resume, and two references to email@example.com with “Farm Assistantship” in the subject line. Applications are due by APRIL 29nd.
Please visit www.mamateesfarm.wordpress.com to find out more about the farm.