The Garden Coordinator will direct day to day operations in the garden, and assist with garden planning and crop selection, under the oversight of the Gardeners’ Board of Stewards. This is an ideal position for an experienced gardener who is ready to ply his/her growing skills in: an already established garden with a loyal customer base; in good soil maintained with organic practices; in a beautiful setting overlooking 600 acres of oak savanna and open prairie.
We are especially interested in candidates with:
• a strong background in growing vegetables, fruits, herbs and cutting flowers
• a willingness to work with the volunteers who make this garden possible
• experience in vegetable crop rotation, harvesting and storage (root cellar on site)
• experience in cover cropping and composting
• experience in weed and pest control using organic practices
• experience with growing in 4 to 5 foot wide raised beds