– 250 head of bison that includes cow/calf, stocker and feeders (on grass).
– 50-100 head free-range pasture market hogs.
– Small scale poultry, dairy, goats.
– 7 full-time positions (including Farm Manager/co-owner & Business Manager/co-owner).
– 3-5 part-time helper /support staff positions.
Pasture management is a large part of livestock management. Efforts include rotational grazing, temporary and permanent fencing systems, a central pasture watering system, composting and natural fertilizers. The Livestock Manager will help maintain and improve on this system through soil testing, forage testing, stocking rates, selective seeding, and general nutrient management.
– $30,000 – $40,000 per year (housing is not included).
– Full individual health insurance (family plan available with employee paying for premium difference between individual and family)./
– 2 weeks paid vacation annually.
– Salary level is very flexible in both directions and is based upon education, experience in the field and skill set. Formal education and experience is not required (skill set is required), thus the wide range and flexibility.
– Much of the work can be learned on the job for the right person that has the skill set, drive, interest and capacity. A 3 month probationary period will be required to measure capacity, skills and best fit.
Background: Cibola Farms has been in the bison industry since 1999 and owners have been involved with bison since 1992. All bison production currently goes into serving the direct retail marketing system that we have established in the Washington, DC / Northern Virginia region. Future goals are in place to continue gradual expansion to include wholesale carcass marketing and possibly small scale live animal marketing with the goal to remain flexible with the market demands for live animals, meat, etc. Operations are currently conducted on 300 owned acres and 200 leased acres across the roadway.
JOB HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU!