The Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition is dedicated to the promotion of human health and well-being through nutrition by providing scientific expertise and technical assistance in areas of childhood obesity prevention, anti-hunger, local food systems and health, survey development and program evaluation. The Center also submits grants and contracts, both locally and federally, to build the research infrastructure at the local, state, and national levels. The mission of the Center is to serve as an independent research institution providing scientific expertise, partnership and resources to improve diet and physical activity behaviors among youth and their families to help grow a healthier next generation.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Gather information and prepare materials for inclusion in public health programs, reports, and papers.
· Review and write critical summaries of research literature.
· Maintain databases and libraries.
· Assist in data collection.
· Aid in analyzing data using statistical techniques.
· Aid in writing up research results.
· Prepare reports for submission and papers for publication.
· Assist in conceptualizing, researching, and writing proposals.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably with nutrition background).
· Very strong organizational skills.
· Experience in writing and managing grants and/or reports.
· Knowledge of and productive experience working with diverse and multicultural audiences.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency in computer skills in a networked environment.
· Ability to take direction, as well as work independently and on a team.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and maintain flexibility in order to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytic, problem solving, and decision-making capabilities.
$27,000-32,000plus benefits; commensurate with experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach your cover letter, resume or vitae to Dr. Amy Yaroch, Executive Director, Gretchen Swanson Center for Nutrition, 505 Durham Research Plaza, Rm. 1024, Omaha, NE 68105 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by May 16, 2011.