1. Events & public programs (50%)
– Develop and implement events that advance the Project’s priorities and build investment in the Project’s work.
– Hire and supervise pizza makers and event interns, who create events centered around the Yale Farm’s wood-fired pizza oven.
– Coordinate visits and tours by outside groups and community members to the Project.
– Act as initial contact with public via phone and email, and filter communiqués to appropriate persons. Answer routine inquiries and re-direct inquiries to the appropriate Project staff in a timely manner.
– Lead the logistical coordination of various development events, staff meetings, and other meetings as necessary, including onsite & offsite meetings with coordination of travel plans for participants as needed.
– Represent YSFP at external events.
– Oversee any special projects, as determined by the Project’s director.
2. Administrative support (50%)
– Maintain a consistently high level of professional support to the executive director to ensure smooth leadership and effective operations.
– Prepare timely expense reports for the executive director and coordinate timely expense reports for staff.
– Review and monitor budgets relating to specific events and special projects.
– Act as office manager, including maintaining all of the office equipment, supplies, and subscriptions: copier, fax machine, printer, supplies, subscriptions, and stationery.
– Other duties.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. 2-3 years work experience, preferably as an executive assistant or in events.
3. A passion for sustainable food and agriculture.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational, management, and supervisory experience.
2. Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic, and stimulating environment while maintaining high professional standards.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with a positive attitude as an effective and collaborative team member.
This is a full time position. Regular days of work are Monday through Friday. Hours of work vary depend on program demands, but will generally be 8:30am-5:00pm. Weekend and evening hours occasionally required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and also submit them through Yale’s HR website at http://www.yale.edu/hronline/stars/application/external/index.html (search for requisition # 7964BR, or use the keywords ‘sustainable food project’). If you have any questions, please contact us via email (email@example.com) rather than over the phone or by mail.
Applications will be accepted through Tuesday, September 1. Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.
For more information on the Sustainable Food Project, go to http://www.yale.edu/sustainablefood/.