* Direct the Lodi Rules for Sustainable Winegrowing certification program focusing on expanding the number of grower and winery participants as well as providing guidance for current and new program participants;
* Direct the Commission’s Grower Education Program consisting of meetings, workshops and field days as well as maintaining website content and writing a bi-monthly grower newsletter;
* Oversee the Commission’s Research Program and providing staff support for the 14 member Research Committee;
* Organize and carry out Lodi Winegrower’s Workbook workshops with growers where they will complete a self-assessment workbook on sustainable vineyard practices;
* Assist growers in developing and implementing vineyard action plans based on the self-assessment;
* Apply for grants to help support the program;
* Maintain LWC’s demonstration vineyard;
* Represent LWC in wine industry events within and outside California.
* Other duties as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
* A minimum of Bachelor of Sciences degree, with an emphasis in ecological sciences.
* Training and/or experience in viticulture;
* Training and/or experience in integrated pest management and/or sustainable farming;
* Experience in working with growers;
* A strong communicator with good writing and public speaking skills;
* Demonstrated grant writing skills;
* Successful applicant should possess excellent inter-personal skills as the job entails day-to-day interaction with winegrape growers and pest control advisors.
Salary: Commensurate with training and experience
How to Apply: Send a resume, letter describing your interest in the position, and names and contact information for 3 references to: Stuart Spencer, Program Manager, Lodi Winegrape Commission, 2545 West Turner Rd., Lodi, CA 95242 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)