Working at GLOBALG.A.P: We offer challenging, autonomous activity as part of a dynamic team. Our young company has room for you to realize your ideas and further your personal development.
Duties and Responsibilities: GLOBALG.A.P North America seeks a Summer Marketing Intern to support our online media and training marketing programs. The Marketing Intern will play a key role in developing and implementing these marketing action plans.
The Marketing Intern will:
· Assist GLOBALG.A.P staff in developing an updated training program for our retailer and producer members, including brainstorming training formats and content and developing and implementing a communication plan for member outreach
· Review and improve GLOBALG.A.P’s marketing strategy program
· Collaborate with GLOBALG.A.P staff to implement the marketing strategy program, including:
· Assist in core communication and outreach functions, including newsletters, multi-media resources, and stakeholder communications
· Refine and augment website content to target key stakeholder group
· Research and identify topics for blog postings
· Help identify new areas for online outreach
· Develop metrics and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing strategy
Requisite Skills and Experience:
· Current enrolment toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, marketing, public policy, or similar field with knowledge of agricultural policy, food policy, or environmental management; OR current enrolment toward an undergraduate or graduate degree in agricultural policy, food policy, environmental management, or similar field with additional training in communications, marketing, or public policy
· Creative, entrepreneurial, and proactive
· Metrics-minded and strategic with analytical skill sets
· Excellent verbal communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills
· Experience with online marketing tools preferred
Marketing Intern will Gain:
· Direct experience creating and executing high-level marketing and communications strategies
· Creative growth potential from working for an entrepreneurial small business
· Opportunity to network with experienced professionals in the food and agricultural industries
Time Commitment: Part-time and full-time positions available. Hours are flexible, and will be scheduled to accommodate school and other commitments.
Duration: 10 weeks, beginning Monday May 24, 2011
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If available, please include an example of your marketing work (i.e. blog, brochure, website, online posting, etc.). Please contact Oriana Lisker at 202-340-7014 with any questions.