The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) is a Federal Advisory Committee that provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary of Agriculture on the implementation of the Organic Foods Production Act. NOSB members are volunteers and come from across the organic community. Each member is appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture to a five-year term.
USDA seeks nominations for the following five (5) positions on the NOSB:
- Two (2) organic farmers/producers,
- Two (2) public or consumer interest group representatives, and
- One (1) USDA accredited certifying agent.
Committee member duties include:
- Attending committee meetings (travel paid by USDA)
- Participating in bi-monthly subcommittee conference calls
- Reviewing materials and/or recommending changes to the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances
- Advising the Secretary on other aspects of the USDA organic regulations
Written nominations must include a cover letter, resume, and an AD-755 Application Form, and must be postmarked on or before May 15, 2015.
- Call for Nominations Flyer (PDF)
- Press Release: USDA Seeks Nominations for the National Organic Standards Board
- Federal Register Notice: Intent to Renew Charter and Call for Nominations (Includes Application Instructions) (PDF)
- NOSB Membership AD755 Application (PDF)
- Criteria for NOSB Membership (PDF)