· Coordinate and work with an advisory planning team of event stakeholders
· Send out call for proposals to all northeast academic departments of agriculture
· Coordinate with the education & outreach coordinator to align symposium event with larger NOFA conference. Support larger conference needs as requested.
· Work with advisory committee to select proposals to be included in the Research Symposium and communicate with selected presenters
· Request and collect research summary and 5-minute research summary presentation from each presenter and coordinate their event registration.
· Coordinate poster presentations.
· Promote and advertise the symposium through press releases, save the date cards, and the NOFA conference promotional brochure.
· Create and post symposium schedule on the NOFA-NY conference website
· Compile research summaries into a Conference Proceedings booklet and print for distribution at the event. The electronic version of the proceedings will also be posted to the conference website at this time.
· Work with event host to coordinate setup, AV, meals, registration, etc. in coordination with NOFA staff.
· Help with event attendance registration in coordination with NOFA staff.
· Provide on-site logistical support throughout Symposium.
· Help with event registration.
· Administer and collect on-site evaluations.
· Provide support to NOFA general conference when applicable.
· Write thank you letters to all presenters.
· Compile Symposium Proceedings.
· Administer and analyze overall symposium evaluations following the symposium.
· Administer and analyze follow-up evaluations distributed to all participants 6-months after the symposium to measure changes in behavior.
· Write final report
· Write recommendations for including research into future NOFA conferences.
Independent contractor position. Compensation: between $12,000-16,000 depending on experience, plus hotel, meals, conference registration, and mileage reimbursement to attend the event in Saratoga Springs, NY January 18-22, 2012.
· Experience: Experience in event planning, organic agriculture academic research , program evaluation, and organic farming. Experience with database software and web promotion a plus.
· Skills: Highly organized, very detail oriented, excellent customer service, strong interpersonal and training skills; access to high-speed internet required; proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word required.
· Capabilities: High energy and enthusiasm. Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
· Conditions: Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of NOFA-NY. Passion for organic agriculture a must! Occasional travel required.
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Aug 12, 2011. Interviews will be offered to select candidates on a rolling basis.
NOFA-NY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.