Organic Farm Jobs in Minnesota at Heartbeet Farm – 2018
Heartbeet Farm is seeking an employee. We are a certified organic, small scale, diversified vegetable farm. Located in Southeastern Minnesota, 70 miles southeast of the Twin Cities and 25 miles north of Rochester, we grow produce for many of the Twin Cities numerous Co-ops and restaurants. We grow vegetables and perennial fruit on 5-7 acres, and raise hay and grassfed beef on the remainder of our 40 acre property. The owners and operators, Joe and Rebecca Schwen, have been farming together for 12 years and have owned our own place, Heartbeet Farm, for 7 years now. Prior to that, Joe was raising vegetables with his dad and so has many years of experience.
We will be hiring two individuals to staff our farm in the 2018 growing season. We are looking to fill one position with the dates of March 15 through November 15.
We are offering $1200/month for an approximately 40 hour work week, plus room and board.
This position will provide the right candidate with a hands-on opportunity to experience many aspects of organic vegetable production. Farm employee will be involved with, but not limited to: starting seedlings/caring for greenhouse, planting, weeding, and lots of harvesting, washing, and packing of produce, including quality control work, labeling and weighing boxes, and putting into storage areas. Employee will be working both directly with owners as well as working independently.
- Previous farm hand experience is a plus, but not required
- Demonstrates passion for sustainable/organic agriculture
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Self motivated and able to maintain a fast pace of work for a whole day
- Follow direction well
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Must enjoy working with plants and produce
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Ability to work under challenging ergonomic conditions, including work that requires frequent crouching, bending and kneeling
- Ability to regularly lift loads of 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to work outside in all climates
Please contact us if you are interested in the organic farm jobs in Minnesota! Contact information as follows: Phone 507-753-2524 / cell 507-272-6593; email – email@example.com A farm visit and interview is our preferred form of application but we can work with someone long distance if necessary.
To learn more about farming jobs and internships or to post an opportunity on beginningfarmers.org, go to: http://www.beginningfarmers.org/internship-and-employment-opportunities/