Organic Farm Manager Job Available in Barnesville, Georgia (One hour south of Atlanta), 2013
Honeywood Farms is seeking an experienced organic farmer to participate in a unique permaculture project on 1000 acres in Barnesville GA. The primary farm area to be managed is about 15 acres and includes a diverse mix of market gardens, orchards, greenhouse and animal husbandry.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
· Implementing a commercial scale organic market farm and pastured based livestock operation with intensive rotational grazing programs
· Orchard development, food forest and mushroom cultivation
· Planning crop rotations
· Ordering seeds
· Managing soil fertility
· Controlling pests and disease
· Greenhouse management
· Irrigation management
· Crop cultivation, harvesting, and processing,
· Animal husbandry
· Wildlife and forestry management
· Sales and marketing for a CSA, farm stand, farmers markets and restaurant sales
· Farm tours, events and other agri-tourism projects
· Value added product development
· Growers should have at least 3-5 years of organic growing experience with a wide variety of fruit and vegetable crops.
· Experience with tractors, a variety of tractor implements and other farm equipment is necessary.
· Some animal husbandry experience
· Experience in bio-dynamic farming is a bonus.
· Strong work ethic
· Can lift 50lbs or more
· Good with people and customer service
Compensation will be based on experience and include a weekly stipend, free housing on the farm, and a healthy allowance of farm raised food.
Please email resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com