NOW HIRING: 2015 Full-time Seasonal Farm Employees April through November Duties Employees will engage in several aspects of production and marketing on this diversified organic farm, under the direction of the farmer and assistant farm manager.
- Seeding, transplanting, weeding, irrigation, harvest, and packing of produce;
- Marketing and deliveries of produce via farmers’ markets, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), and wholesale accounts;
- General maintenance of farm infrastructure, cleaning, basic repairs, and painting;
- Operation of small engine equipment such as mowers, trimmers, walk behind tiller, etc.;
- Assisting with livestock management, for example: feeding, cleaning, rotating, and processing pastured poultry.
- Farm work experience is preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Driver’s license
- Hustle and timeliness
- Clear communication
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to balance attention to detail while developing and maintaining a quick pace
- Willingness to work outdoors daily in all weather conditions
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when conditions are stressful
- Willingness to work more than 40 hours per week
- Availability for scheduled weekend work
- Willingness to receive on-the-job training and feedback on the fly
- Communal living situation includes requirement to pitch in with household cleaning, firewood cutting/splitting, and yard maintenance
- Hourly wage negotiable based on level of experience.
- Organic produce from the farm.
- Shared housing in large, historic stone farmhouse including modern utilities (includes all kitchen and bath paper products, cleaning supplies, and laundry detergents).
- Email cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references (2 professional, one personal/housing) to email@example.com.
- Review of applications begins immediately. Positions will remain open until filled.
- Phone/video interviews and farm visits will be arranged with qualified applicants.