Restorative, Pasture Based Farm Seeks Intern
Four Corners Farm is looking for a food lover, motivated learner with a strong work ethic, a person eager to learn and experience life on our farm for the 2016 season.
- May-October 2016
- Clean Housing Provided
- Nourishing Homemade Meals Included
- $100 Monthly Stipend
- Great Location- 20 Minutes South of Roanoke, VA in Rocky Mount (start of The Crooked Road: Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail and home of the new Harvester Performance Center)!
We (The Reilly family) began raising chickens in our backyard in Gainesville, FL. Once arriving at our farm in SW Virginia, we added to our flock and began the journey raising poultry on pasture. Each season, we’ve increased our number and our variety of species, and also have had the value of learning from nature and our own mistakes. Year after year, we continue to grow as a business and are excited about 2016 and sharing our experience in operating a family-friendly farm with the right person.
We have four children, ranging from ages 6 to 16. All are homeschooled and involved in some manner of work on the farm. We have 2 dogs and 6 cats as well as hundreds of chickens, 11 pigs, and 6 cows. Some of our hobbies include: cooking, reading, playing games, taking photos, writing, sewing, activism as well as a variety of others!
“What will I Learn?”
- Care and Management of Pastured Poultry (including Layers, Broilers and Turkeys), Range Raised Pigs, and Grass Fed Cows
- On Farm Poultry Processing
- Paddock Selection, Fencing, Multi-species Watering Systems
- Small Farm Direct Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Public Relations, Farmers Markets
- Nutrient Dense Cooking and Classes
- Access to Health/Food/Farming Book Library
- Importance of Connection to the Local Community
- Plus much, much more!!
Learn more about Four Corners Farm online at www.FourCornersFarm.com and on Facebook: Four Corners Farm