The dairy intern will work under the supervision of Mat Haan (Pasture Dairy Center Project Coordinator) and Dr. Diana Stuart (Assistant Professor MSU Department of Sociology) to help develop programs and materials to achieve the education and outreach goals of the KBS Pasture Dairy Center.
Position Duration: Approximately 40 hours per week for 12 weeks during Summer 2011. Start and end dates are flexible.
Stipend: $250 per week, paid biweekly. Plus room and board provided, if needed, and Work-related transportation provided.
• Assist with development of outreach materials.
• Assist researchers with data collection and analysis.
• Assist with dairy tours and other public outreach events.
• Other activities based on student interest and project needs.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Strong writing skills preferred.
• Ability to work as part of a group and individually with limited supervision.
• Good communications and people skills.
• Basic knowledge of farm / livestock management is helpful but not required.
• Students interested in sustainable agriculture are encouraged to apply!
How to Apply: To apply, send resume and cover letter to Mat Haan, email@example.com