We are pleased to present the Winter/Spring 2011 edition of USDA’s “AMS Fruit and Vegetable Programs News.” Here are just a few of the articles contained in this newsletter…
· “Mediation and PACA” – Information about the PACA Reparation Complaint Program.
· “Innovative Solutions for Industry Challenges: Avocado Enforcement Program” – Information about how DNA testing is used to positively identify avocado varieties.
· “Responding to Changing Industry Needs: Revisions to U.S. Standards for Grades of Olive Oil” – Covers how, under the newly revised standards, olive oil can be graded and the quality level officially determined.
· “News in Brief” - Details about the proposed Research and Promotion Programs for Christmas trees and softwood lumber.
· “Additional Resources for the Produce Industry” - Information about Country of Origin Labeling (COOL) and the Fruit and Vegetable Import Regulations Database (FAVIR).
Follow this link to an electronic version of our latest newsletter
Hard copy prints are also available
Please let myself or Christopher Purdy know if you have any questions about our newsletter or any of AMS Fruit and Vegetable Programs services. Christopher can be reached at (202) 720-3209 or email@example.com
Robert C. Keeney, Deputy Administrator
USDA AMS Fruit and Vegetable Programs
Previous issues of our newsletter can be found by clicking on this link…