Red Dog Farm Field Crew Positions Available In Washington State – 2018
Settled in the fertile Center Valley of Chimacum, Washington, Red Dog Farm boasts gorgeous views, salmon-bearing creek frontage, and prime growing conditions. We are certified organic and grow over 150 different varieties of vegetables, berries, cut flowers and plant starts on 23 acres.
Our produce is sold locally at Port Townsend and Chimacum farmers markets, our CSA program, our fabulous self-serve Red Dog Farm Stand, and through various retailers and restaurants. Check us out at: www.reddogfarm.net
Field Crew Positions available:
We have 3 full time field crew positions for the 2018 season. Ideal field crew applicants are smart, strong, detail-oriented, possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and are ready for a new challenge. Applications are accepted and reviewed on an on-going basis until the positions are filled.
Compensation: $11.50 per hour, as well as veggies from our fields.
- Full season (April – June start to Dec)
- Hours are 40- 45 per week
- Ideal applicants seek employment for several years, with an interest in growing in experience and responsibilities with the farm
Essential Job Functions
- The primary responsibility is to harvest, wash and pack produce
- Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
- Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, and moving irrigation
- Perform some or most of the following non-field work: greenhouse work, plant starts, farmers markets, delivering, tractor driving and farm stand stocking
- One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
- Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
- Good communication skills
- Energetic, fun and motivated personality
- Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people
- Strong back and knees
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
Fill out Application for Employment and submit along with your resume by email or mail. Applications will be excepted until positions are filled.
MAIL: Red Dog Farm
Chimacum, WA 98325
To learn more about farming jobs and internships or to post an opportunity on beginningfarmers.org, go to: http://www.beginningfarmers.org/internship-and-employment-opportunities/