ABOUT THE CONFERENCE SPEAKERS:
This year’s conference presents some of the leading innovators, scientists and thought leaders addressing food, fiber and land stewardship nationally and globally. In this conference, two speakers on each topic, will explore the scientific and practical applications that are already successfully intensifying food production while preserving, maintaining, and restoring the natural world. Speakers will share their hands-on experience and ideas for feeding all life – from the ground up.
The video presentations of speakers from previous years can be found here: youtube.com/quiviracoalition.
2012 Speakers include (partial list):
• Gus Speth, Fmr. Presidential Advisor, Environmental Lawyer & Award Winning Author. – FEATURED SPEAKER
• Dr. Miguel Alteri, Professor of Agroecology at UC Berkeley
• Dr. Jill Clapperton, Principal Scientist and President at Rhizoterra
• Katherine DiMatteo, The Organics Specialists
• Gloria Flora, Sustainable Obtainable Solutions
• Dr. Molly Jahn, Professor of Agronomy & Genetics, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
• Dr. Michael Mazourek, Vegetable Breeder, Cornell University
• Sandra Postel, Global Water Policy Project, National Geographic Society
• Allan Savory, Holistic Management, Australia
• Colin Seis, Farmer, Australia
Quivira Coalition Executive Director Courtney White said, “The world faces no greater challenge than how to provide sufficient food and water for so many people without destroying what’s left of nature. A corporation-driven second ‘Green Revolution’ isn’t the answer, but neither is starvation.
The answer lies with practices that work with nature, not against it, as an All-Star lineup of Speakers at our conference will explain. Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity!”
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE: Each year the Quivira Coalition Conference attracts nearly 500 attendees from across the country to Albuquerque, New Mexico. This conference excels at the sharing of innovative ideas, the strengthening relationships and fuels the fire for attendees to put their newfound knowledge into action.
Jim Gerrish, 2011 conference speaker said, “As a result of the three days we spent at the Quivira conference, Dawn and I got fully recharged and inspired to continue to run the good race and fight the good fight. I finally have reason to believe the future of American agriculture is a little brighter than I thought it might be.
ABOUT QUIVIRA COALITION: The mission of The Quivira Coalition is to build resilience by fostering ecological, economic and social health on western landscapes through education, innovation, collaboration, and progressive public and private land stewardship. Our constituency of over 3,500 people is highly diverse, including ranchers, environmentalists, federal and state agency personnel, tribal members, academics, and the public at large, with 500 attending the conference annually.
For more information about the conference, visit QuiviraCoalition.org.