Duties will include:
Hands on physical labor
- Basic care, feeding, and tending of a large-scale vegetable garden
- Using farm tools such as pruners, wheelbarrows, hoses, etc.
- Must be able to lift heavy loads (such as soil, compost, rocks, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of carpentry tools
- Must be comfortable using a gas operated tools such as lawn mower and weed-whacker.
A mature, positive attitude
- Dependable, organized, flexible and have a sense of humor.
- Can be flexible due to weather constraints (i.e. heavy rain one day may change the work schedule)
- Must be personable, like working with all kinds of people including children and our diverse community members
- Work as a member of a team
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently, with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication skills
Other items that are important to both you and us
- Some office work will be required.
- Work can sometimes be off-site, like at our community garden locations or school classrooms.
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Must have own transportation.
- NJ Transit train station is located within one mile of the Urban Farm
- Be able to work odd hours
This is a paid seasonal based position. We have work available from mid-April through Late October. The work is part-time up to 25 hours a week for 20 weeks. During the months of June-August, the intern must be willing to work on Saturdays each week.
This position is an outdoor job and requires the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions, including very hot and humid weather. On days where outdoor work is impossible, interns may be asked to participate in office related work or reschedule a workday. The lunch hour is unpaid. There is no housing provided. Submission deadline for the position is March 10th 2015
As we will consider multiple applicants to cover our needs, on your application, please clearly state the dates you are available to start and end your internship.
When responding, please include an attached cover letter and resume. Please send application to Shaun Ananko at Farmershaun@growitgreenmorristown.org Grow It Green Morristown provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
14 Maple Ave • Suite 300 • Morristown, NJ 07960 • growitgreenmorristown.