Public food program service providers, tribal organizations, and private nonprofits are eligible to apply for the USDA’s Community Food Projects Competitive Grants Program, due March 31, 2014.
The goals of the CFP grant are to:
- Meet the food needs of low-income individuals through food distribution, community outreach to assist in participation in Federally assisted nutrition programs, or improving access to food as part of a comprehensive service;
- Increase the self-reliance of communities in providing for the food needs of the communities;
- Promote comprehensive responses to local food access, farm, and nutrition issues; and
- Meet specific state, local or neighborhood food and agricultural needs including needs relating to:
- Equipment necessary for the efficient operation of a project;
- Planning for long-term solutions; or
- The creation of innovative marketing activities that mutually benefit agricultural producers and low-income consumers.
More information and the RFA are available at http://www.nifa.usda.gov/