On November 22, USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture will host a webinar on how to write grants for the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program (BFRDP). The webinar, lasting from 2:00-3:30pm (EDT), will discuss the program, eligibility, changes in FY 2011, and major “dos” and “don’ts” of writing proposals.
The request for applications for BFRDP was published on October 26, and the deadline for applications is December 22. NIFA writes that the program’s purpose is “to develop and offer education, outreach, mentoring and internships for beginning farmers and ranchers.” The announcement emphasized that the program is not meant as an aid “to purchase a farm, farm machinery or animals; for the planning, repair, rehabilitation, acquisition, or construction of a building or facility; to begin farming; or to set up Individual Development Accounts.”
To take part in this webinar, go to http://nifa-connect.nifa.usda.gov/bfrdpgww/
- Login as you and will be connected to the webinar.
- Login ahead of time to ensure that your computer will work with USDA/NIFA system.
- Capacity is limited to 70 attendees only.
In order to use the Adobe Connect system, your computer will need the following system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer 6+, Netscape Navigator 8.1+, Mozilla Firefox 1.5.03+, Mac OS X v10.4+, or Safari 2.0+
- Adobe Flash Player 10
- Broadband connection, and cookies enabled in browser
To read more about BFRDP and this year’s request for applications, visit the program’s website. For more information on the webinar or the program in general, contact Suresh Sureshwaran, 202-720-7536 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Antonio McLaren, 202-720-5997 or email@example.com.