Kings Hill Farm is a diversified vegetable farm growing roughly 15 acres of produce for CSA markets in Chicago and Madison, Wisconsin areas. We are certified organic. Visit our website at www.kingshillfarm.com For the 2016 Season we have several seasonal vegetable field crew jobs, of varying duration.
Full Season Vegetable Field Crew : Dates of employment May 1st – October 31st and averaging 40hr/week. Pay is hourly starting at $9.51/hr depending on experience. Pay period is bi-weekly. Application deadline: February 31st (or later, if positions are not filled).
Summer Seasonal Vegetable Field Crew: Dates of employment are June 1st – August 31st and averaging 40hr/week. Pay is hourly starting at $9.00/hour depending on experience. Pay period is bi-weekly. Application deadline: March 1st (or later, if positions are not filled).
Experience in vegetable farming preferred but not necessary. Hard work ethic and ability to follow instruction is necessary. Responsibilities are all of the aspects of vegetable production including seeding, transplanting, weeding (there will be lots of this), harvesting, washing and packing of produce for CSA and wholesale distribution. We are a fast paced farm, expect to learn on the go.
- Outside work is necessary in all weather conditions, therefore employees are expected to dress accordingly and be prepared for changes in the weather.
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time while working with speed and efficiency.
- There is a great deal of repetition required to perform many tasks, must be able to work with speed and efficiency.
- Frequent and heavy lifting may be required. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Working in a bent over position is a constant in this line of work. Must be able to endure long stretches while maintaining speed and efficiency in the task at hand.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment and be able to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form.
- Time management and multitasking ability is essential. (a wrist watch is a great tool)
- A positive attitude is a must! The work is hard and tedious. It is less so with a good attitude.
Access to surplus produce will be available for all employees.
Housing is available to those who require it. Though space is limited. We are 20+ minutes from town for grocery shopping, banking, etc. Please have your own mode of transportation.
If interested in vegetable field crew jobs at Kings Hill Farm for the 2015 season, please send resume with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisabeth Minich and Steven Shoemaker
Kings Hill Farm Managers www.kingshillfarm.com