Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture Seeks Agriculture Sales Manager to Build Customers and Clients for Natural and Organic Produce
Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, located in Atlanta works to engage the community in developing local food systems through education, training and food production. Since 2006, TLW has provided naturally and organically grown food to the Atlanta community, demonstrating urban agriculture as a sustainable and viable solution for helping people to eat and live well. TLW seeks talented and committed individuals to join us in this work.
Position Objective: The Sales Manager (SM) will be responsible for generating sales from Truly Living Well (TLW) produce and products. Sales revenue is an important source of earned income for the not for profit organization. The SM will work with the Chief Operating Officer and Farm Manager develop new sources of revenue from farm operations and added value products.
- Oversee TLW farmers market operations.
- Promote, market and generate new clients in Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program.
- Generate sales of produce to restaurants, wholesalers, and food stores.
- Generate and develop new accounts through cold calling.
- Design professional demonstrations or presentations of food products.
- Assist in developing marketing strategies for produce, products and brand.
- Liaison between CEO and customers for up-to-date conditions on pricing, and seasonal produce.
- Survey current market prices to determine competitive prices for produce on weekly basis. Establish price structure for TLW market produce and products.
- May oversee the harvest of some food and ensure quality of produce.
- Work with accountant to maintain accurate records of TLW sales; weigh and record all produce. Will prepare weekly sales reports.
- Demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy, and good customer service at all times.
Work with other department leaders to achieve organization mission, goals and program objectives.
- Understanding of natural and organic food industry, and experience in farming and agriculture.
- At least three years of experience in outside sales and customer service.
- Experience with cold calls and developing new clients.
- Degree in any field of sales and marketing a plus.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working well with diverse communities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive.
- Integrity, honesty, flexibility and cooperative spirit.
- Work in farm, greenhouse, outdoor environment and in office.
- Must be able to bend, climb, and lift at least 40 lbs. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Reliable transportation needed. Must have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- The successful applicant will work well under deadlines and with teams, be self-motivated and able to effectively manage multiple projects to meet sales goals.
To apply gor the Send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7, 2016.
Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture PO Box 90841 East Point, GA 30364 404.552.4457 www.trulylivingwell.com