Take Root Farmer Training for Veterans
Take Root Farmer Training for Veterans – Program Benefits:
- Individualized education plan
- Hands-on farm production skills, learned on an established farm
- A yearlong membership in Upper Midwest CRAFT
- Paid time off to attend Upper Midwest CRAFT field days during the term of training
- Accommodations and admission at MOSES Organic Farming Conference – February 2018
- Accommodations and admission to the Wisconsin New Farmer U (plus Fearless Farm Finances or Food Safety workshop)
- Invitation to Routes to Farm and Upper Midwest CRAFT events
- Connect with the Upper Midwest CRAFT network of more than 200 local sustainable and organic farmers
- Hourly salary (at least minimum wage) PLUS a $30 stipend toward additional educational resources
Take Root Farmer Training for Veterans – Program Components:
Selected trainees will work with Angelic Organics Learning Center staff to create an individualized education plan to better understand training needs and aid in pairing trainees with an appropriate trainer farm.
Then Learning Center staff will make recommendations to help facilitate a good trainee/trainer farm match, but the potential trainee will also go through the farm’s regular hiring process. Final hiring decisions will be made by trainer farms. Trainer farms will determine their trainee’s hourly rate of pay, a wage which will be similar to that of other farm employees.
In addition to being treated as regular employees, trainees will receive additional training or mentoring from trainer farmers throughout the season. Trainer farmers will start hiring for the upcoming growing season in the beginning months of 2018. Contact us directly to learn more about our trainer farms.