Responsibilities will include:
* working alongside the farm’s co-founders to plan the year’s seeding and planting schedule
* ordering seeds and other supplies as needed
* coordinating the day-to-day activities of the farm, including pantry pick-ups/deliveries
* directing and supervising volunteers and/or part-time farm workers
* basic maintenance and care of all farm property (tools, irrigation, etc)
The ideal candidate will have:
* at least 2 years experience growing vegetables in a small, organic setting
* enthusiasm and passion for sustainable vegetable growing and feeding low-income families
* leadership, communication, and organizational skills
* experience with tractors and small machinery
The farm will be in its third growing season. There is a total of approximately 2 acres available for cultivation. Food Pantry Farm is located in East Hampton, NY. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has worked as an intern, apprentice, or field hand on a farm and wants to take the next step into management. There is plenty of support from the co-founders as well as the opportunity to learn by doing. A salary is available.
For further information, please visit our website: www.foodpantryfarm.org. Send resume, cover letter, and references to Food Pantry Farm, Inc., Po Box 181, East Hampton, NY, 11937, Peter Garnham.